Birmingham City Council
Stand Number: J24
Birmingham City Council has grant funding to help grow your business
If you are an SME or Start-Up business, then we have great news for you as there is now a grant programme available which may support your growth plans.
The £23.5m Business Growth Programme 2 (BGP2) is designed to improve business confidence, encourage private sector investment and create new jobs. Part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and managed by Birmingham City Council, BGP2 launched in April 2019 and is open for business.
The programme is delivered in partnership with The Greater Birmingham and Solihull and The Marches Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) areas and offers grants of £10,000 – £1,000,000 for existing Business-to-Business SMEs based in both of these LEP areas and grants of £2,500 – £10,000 for Business-to-Business Start-Ups located in The Marches Local Enterprise Partnership area only.
If you are a business seeking growth and you have a project which includes the following:
- Supply chain companies investing to develop and grow
- SMEs investing in innovative close-to-market processes, new products and services
- Business looking to expand, relocate and conduct marketing activities
- New Start-Ups or businesses trading less than 6 months, looking to consolidate (based in The Marches only)
then your project could qualify for consideration.
The types of eligible project expenditure we consider are:
- Capital equipment
- Improvement of production processes and systems
- Application of innovative advanced technology
- Relocation and expansion
- New product development (concept development, prototyping, product testing and product launch)
- Market development
- Building Information Modelling
- For Start-Ups only: the purchase of small consumable items directly associated with delivering your BGP2 project such as installation and internal refurbishment costs, business signage, capital equipment, marketing/ branding, broadband, telephone connectivity, business professional fees to aid business set up (such as legal and notarial fees) along with technical and financial expertise costs.
Grants are subject to eligibility criteria. Visit our website to find out more details www.birmingham.gov.uk/bgp2